Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

First meeting off to a great start!

Two aspirins and 4 cups of coffee later, I feel I can finally put some sentences together. Our group consists of five phenomenal women! The four wine selections were perfect, the shrimp wraps, and spinach dip did the trick. It only took us a few minutes to warm up and then we went on a talking rampage. We did select our first book to dissect: "Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel" by Jeannette Walls. Some of us will read the Glass Castle in addition to the selection.  
By the time I got home, my better half asked me if we had read War and Peace! I busted out laughing...it was funny. That is how phenomenal our meeting was!
On another note: Please read this morning Commercial Appeal column by Richard Allen if you have not already. It is related to book clubs. Here is the link in case you missed the printed edition. See what you think.


http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/oct/28/you-mean-theres-no-day-care-at-book-club/

XO phenomenal women

No comments: